Our goal is to provide you and your family with exceptional care.
We do this by offering advanced treatment options, innovative technology, outstanding facilities, and a team of medical professionals who are dedicated to the highest standards of medicine.
Recognition and Accomplishments
- 4-Star Rating for Hospital Quality and Patient Experience.
- Leapfrog Grade "A" Safety Rating for eight straight rating periods.
- Top 100 Rural Hospital Designation
Projects for Continuous Improvement
- We have developed a process to identify patients with a diagnosis of Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) to help ensure a successful transition to community living.
- We have implemented a national best practice which includes free medication for patients with a diagnosis of COPD to prevent exacerbations resulting in difficulty breathing and additional hospitalizations.
- We provide one-on-one patient and family education along with binders to help manage follow-up appointments, medications, instructions, and information and managing diagnoses of Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Pneumonia in the community setting.
- Our Population Health Program program offers Annual Wellness Visits aimed at addressing key strategies to keep our Medicare patients healthy.
Participation in Community Wellness
- We support the Healthy Community Initiative by participating on the Healthy Lifestyles, Suicide Prevention and Substance Abuse/Mental Health teams.
Quality Compare Links
Below are links to access updated quality information about KDH and other hospitals throughout the country - available through national and governmental resources.
Comparing Home Health Agencies
Compare Nursing Homes
Additional Quality-Related Web Sites
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid – Quality Initiatives
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement